It is not hard to get learn how to remove tea and coffee stains quickly, there are several methods you can try. Before you try any method check the wash care label on your garment for guidance. It is always best to test the method on a small area of the fabric first to prevent damage.
Soak and Wash Technique
Soak your garment in stain remover before putting it in the washer. Simply fill a bucket, or sink with warm water and detergent. Let the garment sit in the water for a few hours. This will loosen the stain and prepare the garment for the washer. After a few hours wash the garment as usual in warm water.
One of the easiest ways to remove coffee stains or tea stains is to pour warm water directly through the garment.
- Hold your stained fabric over the sink.
- Have the water warm to touch
- Slowly run the warm water directly on the stains so it runs through the fabric of the garment and out the other side
- Apply a few drops of laundry detergent on both sides of the stain
- Rub the detergent until it lathers. Then rinse the garment until all the soap is dissolved.
A Few Other Techniques
If you are unable to soak and wash your garment immediately here are some quick fixes that can be used immediately to lessen the stain.
- Vinegar – Vinegar can serve as a great stain remover. Mix one teaspoon of vinegar into a few cups of water and spray or pour the liquid over the stain. Secondly, blot the garment and you should see the tea or coffee stain lifting.
- Baking Soda – Wet the tea or coffee-stained garment with warm water. Pour about a teaspoon of baking soda on the stain and rub it into the fabric. Allow the baking soda to setter for about an hour before rinsing it off.
- Dry Clean Only Clothes – When a tea or coffee stain happens on a garment labeled as dry clean only, blot the stain with a dry white cloth. Sponge lightly with a white cloth damped with plain cold water and blot dry. As soon as possible, head to the cleaner and point out and identify the stain to your professional dry cleaner.
Look for us behind Jimmy Johns and Speedway on Leestown Rd or Contact us (859-227-5757) for more information
Open 24 Hours | Meadowthorpe Laundromat | 1407 N Forbes Rd | Lexington, KY 40511
About 24 Hr Meadowthorpe Laundromat
24 Hr Meadowthorpe Laundromat is a self serve coin laundry, with a variety of washing and drying options. We have large capacity equipment, perfect for blankets, comforters, sleeping bags, and more. We are owned and operated by a Meadowthorpe resident and have better washers and more drying capacity than ever before. We offer customers a clean, safe, and dependable place to get your laundry clean. We also have Free WiFi, snacks, drinks, and laundry supplies available for your convenience.
>> Learn More