Because the lining at head and foot of your sleeping bag tend to get extra dirty, spot cleaning prior to washing is recommended. Apply a small amount of the detergent you plan to use in the washing machine to the extra dirty spots. Find a soft bristle toothbrush and gently clean those areas. Next rinse with a wet sponge. Now your sleeping bag is ready for the washing machine. We suggest you use a professional laundromat washer and dry for your sleeping bag.
For best results we recommend using our 6-load washer for double sleeping bags or our 4-load washer for single sleeping bags. Select the warm or cold-water temp, the blanket setting, use a mild detergent and add a second rinse cycle.
Simple Steps to Follow…
- Check the label for the bag maker’s instructions
- Use the gentle cycle with warm or cold-water
- If the sleeping bag is down or synthetic get the proper cleaning product
- Do not add: Fabric softener, bleach or alternative-bleach products also compromise bag performance.
- Remove all the soap by selecting a second rinse cycle
- Be the bag is squeezed out before you place the bag in the dryer. Adding dry towels and tennis balls to the drying cycle will help absorb excess water and keep the sleeping bag from clumping and save drying time.
- Place the bag in our extra-large dryer on low heat. A down bag will take several hours to dry but a synthetic bag should take about 2 hours.
- Make sure your sleeping bag is completely dry before storing.
- Never dry clean, the solvents are harsh and will strip down’s natural oils that help down retain its loft.
- Prevent dirt buildup by using a bag liner, sleeping in clean clothes and airing out your bag to dry whenever it gets damp.
- After this brief chore, you sleeping bag now smells good. It’s all fluffy again and looks great for more fun camping trips.
Meadowthorpe Laundromat’s 24 Hour Promise
We are here to provide you with:
- Reliable equipment
- A safe & clean location
- Honest &fair pricing
- Vended snack, soda & laundry supplies
- Change machines
- Bi-lingual signs
- Friendly and helpful attendants
- Attendant on duty during peak hour
We Have The Equipment To Get You Home Quicker
- 6 load washers: 3
- 4 load washers: 3
- 2 load washers: 8
- 1 load washers: 13
- Large capacity dryers: 8
- Medium capacity dryers: 20
Meadowthorpe Laundromat has high capacity washers and dryers that can handle all your household items, clothes, and more!
Look for us behind Jimmy Johns and Speedway on Leestown Rd or Contact us (859-227-5757) for more information
Open 24 Hours | Meadowthorpe Laundromat | 1407 N Forbes Rd | Lexington, KY 40511
About 24 Hr Meadowthorpe Laundromat
24 Hr Meadowthorpe Laundromat is a self serve coin laundry, with a variety of washing and drying options. We have large capacity equipment, perfect for blankets, comforters, sleeping bags, and more. We are owned and operated by a Meadowthorpe resident and have better washers and more drying capacity than ever before. We offer customers a clean, safe, and dependable place to get your laundry clean. We also have Free WiFi, snacks, drinks, and laundry supplies available for your convenience.