Lace is a beautiful but delicate material so it’s best to learn how to wash lace correctly in order to preserve your favorite lace bra, nightgown, or beautiful antique piece of lace. Keep your lace garments looking sleek and sophisticated with these tips on washing lace. Lace garments and accessories have long been a symbol of class and elegance. The age of the lace is extremely important to consider when washing lace fabric.
Hand Washing Delicate Lace Garments Such As Lingerie
- Fill a clean bowl/sink with hand-warm water and put in the correct amount of gentle washing detergent.
- Place the garment into the water and use a gentle swishing action.
- Do several rinses of tepid water – until the water is clear.
- Gently squeeze any excess water out of the garment.
- Dry flat on a towel.
Machine Washing Recently Made Lace
If you have lace that is considered recently made lace, which is lace that has been made in factories withing the past 40 or 50 years, these garments can be safely washed in the washing machine.
- Wash on a gentle wash cycle with a mild detergent
- After you wash the item, place the lace flat out on a towel and allow it to air dry
- Do not place the article in the dryer because it could cause irreversible damage
- Place an object on top of the lace that covers it in its entirety to make sure the ends do not curl as it dries
Instructions for Delicate Vintage Lace
- Older lace must be washed by hand in order to maintain its shape and preserve its state.
- Place a small amount of non-detergent cleaner into a contain of lukewarm water. Then insert the item and allow to soak for at least 45 minutes.
- Delicately rinse the piece under water until the water is clear. This sometime takes 30 minutes to do.
- Proceed to dry the lase as you would when machine washing. Lay it flat on a dry towel and place an object over it so the lace will not curl.
How to Iron Lace
If the lace does need ironing it is best done whilst slightly damp. To avoid squashing the pattern, place the lace right side down onto a thick towel. Put a fine fabric such as cotton muslin between the lace and the iron and gently press using a warm (not hot) iron temperature.
Our 24 Hour Promise
We are here to provide you with:
- Reliable equipment
- A safe & clean location
- Honest &fair pricing
- Vended snack, soda & laundry supplies
- Change machines
- Bi-lingual signs
- Friendly and helpful attendants
- Attendant on duty during peak hours
Our On-Site Equipment
- 6 load washers: 3
- 4 load washers: 3
- 2 load washers: 8
- 1 load washers: 13
- Large capacity dryers: 8
- Medium capacity dryers: 20
Meadowthorpe Laundromat has high capacity washers and dryers that can handle all your household items, clothes, and more!
Look for us behind Jimmy Johns and Speedway on Leestown Rd or Contact us (859-227-5757) for more information
Open 24 Hours | Meadowthorpe Laundromat | 1407 N Forbes Rd | Lexington, KY 40511
About 24 Hr Meadowthorpe Laundromat
24 Hr Meadowthorpe Laundromat is a self serve coin laundry, with a variety of washing and drying options. We have large capacity equipment, perfect for blankets, comforters, sleeping bags, and more. We are owned and operated by a Meadowthorpe resident and have better washers and more drying capacity than ever before. We offer customers a clean, safe, and dependable place to get your laundry clean. We also have Free WiFi, snacks, drinks, and laundry supplies available for your convenience.
>> Learn More